Monday, September 9, 2013

Storytelling, Podcasting, Film, Radio -- I love them all


I'm Derrick.
When I am not in school, I am running a storytelling show that I started a couple years ago, which has given me a chance to explore the art and value of narrative. I'd love to see you at a show this semester!

I've been a fan of Pixar since I was little, and a year before I started The Porch I also started a podcast about that. My interests are a little bit like tentacles, but when I suction onto something I like, I have a hard time letting go.

In general, film and radio are my two favorite media, and I spend a lot of my time consuming and thinking about both.

I am very much looking forward to diving into the digital seas this semester with all of you!

4 comments:

  1. So cool that you are into podcasts and radio. While working a boring office job a couple years ago, I discovered the joy of podcasts and all the entertainment and knowledge they offer. I am also an NPR junkie and it is a dream of mine to work there one day. I would love to hear more about your experiences working with podcasts (and I think you said you worked with radiolab too right?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fellow NPR junkies unite! Yes indeed I spent this summer as an intern with Radiolab -- which was a hugely educational and enjoyable experience for me. Very excited to share more about it, and to swap favorite podcasts.

      Delete
  2. I'd love for you to take some time and showcase both your Porch and Pixar endeavors. You're a great example of making things happen in the digital realm and I think students would profit from hearing about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I thought about things like: why such information is for free here? Because when you write a book then at least on selling a book you get a percentage. Thank you and good luck on informing people more about it… Khatrimaza movies

    ReplyDelete