Friday, September 6, 2013

Hello Everybody!

I'm Melody. I'm from Pleasant Grove, UT--I've lived there since I was 4 and I've never actually lived outside of Utah. Those are the basics to get things started off, and I guess you can't really get more basic than that.

To go a little bit more in depth, I have a very special relationship with ice cream. Specifically Tillamook Mudslide. It is probably one of the most heavenly things I have ever tasted, and I cannot get enough of it. I love food in general, but ice cream is my top choice. I especially love it at the end of a summer barbecue, after eating burgers and chips, chasing it down with some strawberry lemonade, I finish off with some ice cream and it becomes a perfect summer evening.



Besides the love of typical American summer evenings, I think I am British at heart. I did the Hiking and Literature study abroad in England, Scotland, and Wales two years ago, and it has forever left an imprint on my heart!




See what I mean? Also, as you can see from these pictures, I have a strange obsession with looking at clouds and sunsets. I just think they deserve to be admired!

I'm an English major just starting my VERY LAST SEMESTER! I'm more of a reader than a writer, but I still do my fair share of the latter. Maybe I'll share some of my short stories sometime.

I have to be honest with you: I have never actually blogged before. I have never really gotten into the virtual world aside from Facebook (and you are welcome to find me on there) but I am actually pretty dang excited to give it a shot! But please hang in there with me as I learn the ropes!




3 comments:

  1. That's cool you are from Pleasant Grove. I am from right next door in American Fork. I live up by the Timpanogos Temple. I also graduated from American Fork High school in 2010.

    That's so cool you did a study abroad in England, Wales and Scotland. I so badly want to do a study abroad in England and I too love the British culture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures from your study abroad are so beautiful! I would love to get to see them in a larger format. If you click on an image after inserting it into your blog you can select what size you want to display it, just so ya know in case you ever want to show off any other images in the future. I look forward to getting to know you. You seem like you have a wonderful sense of adventure and I very much admire that in a person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utah summer evenings are pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete