Friday, September 6, 2013

Hi!

I'll start out with the basics: I'm Danielle Cronquist from Atlanta, Georgia, and I am majoring in English and minoring in editing. Honestly, I had no idea what this class was when I signed up for it, but I'm psyched about it. And, it actually turns out that it is perfect for me because I have been an avid blogger for the past three years and recently became the senior editor of BYU's blog Stance for the Family. I've also been hoping to go into web based publishing and editing when I graduate, so I think I'm really going to get a lot out of this class.

I think the easiest way to sum me up outside of the basics would be to tell you about three things I am absolutely in love with...

1. foxes: 
This has been my favorite animal since I was little, and these darling creatures are very indicative of my personality. I mean, if I had a potronus, I can guarantee it would be a fox. 




2. diet coke:
In true southern girl fashion, I run on diet coke. The picture below is from when I was living in India, and I hadn't had diet coke in weeks, so obviously I had to double fist it. At home, my fridge is always stocked. 


3. adventures:
Yeah, so the living in India thing. I've been to India three times now, and lived there a couple summers ago, and I still miss it like crazy. Truly one of the most incredible places I have ever been. I also lived in Paris for a semester, and have been insanely blessed to travel all of the world to places like Italy, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Peru, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and so so many more. I am always looking forward to my next adventure, whether it be exploring an exotic new country or just going for a little mini adventure up the Provo canyon. 




I'm all over social media, so you can check me out just about anywhere,
Twitter: danicron
Instagram: danicron

or if you're one of those "face to face" people, then seen you in class. 



7 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle! I'm sure you've already seen this because you probably have a google alert set up for all things foxes, but maybe you can answer this question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
    I look forward to getting to know you this semester and learning from your extensive blogging experience. -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am a Diet Coke fanatic too! Have you ever tried the Dirty Diet Coke? It's Diet Coke with lime and coconut syrup. I've become totally addicted. If you haven't had one, I suggest trying one at Slurp in American Fork.

    That's awesome you have gone to India so many times! That is definitely on my top 5 places I want to go someday. I would love to hear more about your experience there. I would also love to discuss Peru! I went two years ago and LOVED it.

    See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be honest, I think it is super cool that you are all buddy buddy with foxes. I'm actually a little bit jealous. And how do you get to travel all over like that?! I want to know because I want to do it too! I have always wanted to have experiences like that!
    Also, thanks for the pointers about pictures! Hopefully I'll get the hang of this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What has brought you to India three times? I think foxes are really cute too. Back home in Wisconsin there was a family of foxes living under my next door neighbor's shed. The babies were adorable! I wish there were more animals in Provo. I guess there's a healthy population of stray cats, if you count that as wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work with an organization in India called Rising Star Outreach, and each time I have gone to do volunteer work with them, and most recently to work as one of their volunteer coordinators.

      Delete
  5. You would get along really well with my sister. She loves foxes, and her favorite movie is Fantastic Mr. Fox. She'd be so jealous if I showed her the picture of you with the fox. Oh, and I'm jealous, too, but for a different reason. I have always wanted to travel to different places, but I have never had the opportunity to go. Maybe one day. It's nice to meet you, Danielle; it's always lovely to meet a fellow editor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to india but I want to go, I have a sister in law from there.

    ReplyDelete