Sunday, October 20, 2013

Focusing On Something

As I have been exploring digital culture in this class, one thing I keep returning too is music. I am a music nerd. I have especially enjoyed looking at how the digital world has revolutionized music.

So this is where I am going to go. I want to focus on music, and how it exists in our digital world.

More specifically, I want to focus on the music being created in our very own Provo. Some spectacular things have happened/are happening in our back yard at BYU. I think we should pay attention. So I am going to be analyzing the way Provo bands are using the digital to make and share there music with the world. I hope to interview some people. To curate some lists on Youtube and/or Soundcloud. I want to look at articles, blogs, and anything and anyone that is talking about Provo music. I might occasionally look at bands outside of Provo too as examples of using the digital in exciting ways, but my focus will be on the local scene.

Cool.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! It is so great that you are able to do this with something you are passionate about. Are you planning on focusing only on up and coming bands, or will you also be looking at what people are doing musically in general? There are a ton of people who put covers online, etc. Are you going to look at those, or just a few specific bands? I think both could add interesting elements to your research, but it depends on what your are wanting your focus to be.

    ReplyDelete